5 ways to effectively combat stress!
STRESS....We have all experienced it at some point in our lives.
Historically the physiological effects of stress were meant to be a short term injection of cortisol and adrenaline to save us from things such as predators! Having all but eliminated the initial threat of being eaten by a lion on our daily hunt for food you would think we could take a giant sigh of relief and enjoy our predator free lives. This however is not the case and we have replaced lions and tigers with families, careers, technology, deadlines and social standards which have us constantly on the go, and trying to keep up with our new modern pressures has caused our stress levels to increase and develop into a constant and chronic state, which can be detrimental to our mental health, physical health and our relationships with our friends and families.
If this sounds like you, here are my top 5 strategies to effectively combat stress in your daily life:
1. Get enough sleep: getting enough sleep is imperative to reducing our stress levels, unfortunately our stress can often be the reason we stay awake!! Minimise this as much as you can by avoiding any stimulants before bed, avoiding blue light, and trying to switch off and actively relax and unwind from your day.
A natural supplement you can use to help this is The Pure Essentials- REST
2. Switch off: technology and social media can contribute significantly to our stress levels and we ALL spend far too much time immersed in screens weather it be our phones, computers or tvs. So set aside 15-30 minutes every day where you go 100% technology free and feel yourself detach.
3. Plan and manage your time: planning your day can take loads off your shoulders, write a list of the things you need to get done and eliminate scatter brain and forgetfulness… plus you get that little sense of achievement and acknowledgment everytime you cross off an item.
4. Meditate: meditation is proven to reduce our stress levels and clear our minds in more way than one, 15-20 minutes will calm your nervous system and eventually rewire our brains into calmer states.
5. Learn to say no: acknowledge when you cannot fit any more onto your plate and learn to say no to people, this is a massive act of self love and respect! There is no shame in putting a few things off in order to save yourself stress and anxiety of doing way to much.
So if you're feeling like you need to lighten your load a bit and unwind give some of these a try and watch your productivity soar and stress plummet